Warm greetings to you!!!
I am literally bursting with excitement to be able to make all of this week’s classes about relaxation techniques for every day life! As I have already expressed in the section above this newsletter, there are just HUGE benefits in learning how to relax!!!!! You may peruse a little list below! In essence it does affect EVERYTHING!
The idea is to learn to let go … to really know how to become present and choose relaxation instead of tension. This is actually easy, once you know how. It is no effort. It is a letting go … initially it is a practise, as we may be unfamiliar, plus have old unconscious habits to release. But it is sooooo potent to reduce stress levels and to learn how to relax! So worth it on every level! Medical research supports this fully these days too!
This is what I will be talking about:
Learning how to relax in a way that suits you!
Learning to notice the times/places/situations when you can begin to apply and practise this.
How to start to feel aware when you are running with stress overload.
Benefits and ways of achieving this is something I have explored and experienced now for literally over 22 years .. I am really thrilled to condense this and share in class about this!!! I will draw on my scientific/medical background and my yogic knowledge plus personal experience.
We have a kriya for supporting the adrenal glands for this, for example!
Feel free to bring a journal /notepad and note what works for you!!!
It is all about you becoming your own conscious, self-aware master … mastery is what kundalini yoga is all about … of ALL elements or dimensions of your being!!!! We need tools and practise and this is what classes help with. After that real life brings in opportunities for passing the tests, so-to-speak.
More in the next segment below, but first some housekeeping:
- Please book in online if you can, to streamline the process. Benefits are all around: your commitment by planning your attendance, and strengthening it by booking in; and it works for me too, class attendance check-in is smooth and easy. The MINDBODY system on my website is extremely easy and efficient to use!
I thank you kindly for your consideration…
- Our new Tuesday beginners class at Glenunga is happening and we enjoyed our first class last week! This is on the booking system too. All welcome!
- I am offering a co-created Nourishment day May 14th. All day Saturday where you enjoy kundalini yoga, Wu-Tao dance, Art Therapy, sacred Ceremony and an incredible Sound Bath treat! It includes healthy food! And a goody bag!
For bookings please check our website on:
- We (Sacred Women’s Soul Retreat team) are also offering a wonderful retreat in Bali, with the same modalities as mentioned for our Nourishment day, above! A real opportunity to deepen your practise and really reconnect to yourself powerfully, full of vitality and creative expression. A healing and rejuvenation on all levels. Including visit to local sacred site, healer, massage and continual healthy food! Supported by THREE retreat holders: Fiona, Ahilya and myself. That is a rare find out there! Wow!
For further info and bookings also please refer to our website:
- Please take great care of yourself and bring your own mat, blanket, meditation pillow, water and journal and whatever makes you feel totally taken care of… I’ll provide a safe nurturing space and the ambience and of course the kundalini yoga …
EVERYONE IS UNIQUE … PERFECTLY SO … IT IS MY ABSOLUTE PASSION AND AWARENESS TO HONOUR THIS (in myself and as your teacher) .. WITH THIS TEACHING ABOUT RELAXATION AND THE CONTEMPLATION UPON WHAT STOPS YOU, THIS TOO IS UNIQUE FOR YOU. YES THERE IS OVERLAP WITH US ALL, AND YET THERE IS AWARENESS TO TAILOR IT TO YOUR LIFESTYLE, MINDSET AND CURRENT LIFE DYNAMICS… THIS WE SHALL LOOK AT, SO IT IS EASY AND JOYOUS TO APPLY THE TIPS AND TECHNIQUES! 🙂
So you will definitely get something tailored for you this week!
Really looking forward to sharing .. imagine … you create so much ease in your life by simply recognising habits of creating tension .. and the easy way in which you can just let it melt away … coming into the now; relaxing in presence … in ease … in your centre.
Benefits of being able to relax consciously
Body chemistry is healthy for good immune function
Mind/brain chemistry is healthy for making good decisions
Muscles relax and your energy body is flowing healthily, hence integrated
Breath is easy and freer hence allowing mental clarity
Posture likely honoured for optimal functioning and nervous system balance
People around you respond to your state in a positive way, you create less added issuesLess likely to overreact
In tune with sanity, intuition, and creative ideas
Able to truly honouring yourself
Feeling vibrant, peaceful, clear
More perceptive of the richness of life
Able to enjoy each moment more deeply and fully
Techniques for relaxation
*notice body as a mindfulness practise
*slow breath, breath awareness
*visualisation of relaxing images and ideas
*tensing and relaxing
*yoga nidra – walking through the body, allowing relaxation
*exercise you enjoy
*kriyas that assist the relaxation response
*meditation styles to suit you to still the mind
*activity awareness (eating, walking, sitting, thinking)
The challenge can be applying the techniques!
I know this is one of THE greatest challenges!!!
We all know it.
Yogis have understood the ways of the mind and the ways in which we self sabotage. Seeing this frees you up,
finding your style of habit in which you hold yourself back and end up limiting yourself is usually unconscious until we expose it through awareness. Looking at your lifestyle habits assists in supporting your strength and in reducing habits that are not working for you and keeping you from relaxing.
I will offer you a meditation and guidance so you can uncover this and become empowered! I highly recommend pen and paper! Or note it on your phone. So you can and will overcome old habits that no longer serve you.
For example if you want to breathe more consciously to deepen your habit of physical awareness and also inherently relaxation, you could start including this while you are performing a regular habit, like brushing teeth. If you feel you will forget, you could put a post it note on your bathroom mirror to remind you … or in your car .. or in the kitchen or by your computer .. little reminders are a fantastic way to create new habits that will after a short while become habits!