|September Spring Detox Series
We will enjoy kriyas that work specifically to balance your liver, kidneys, digestive system, immune system, glandular system and much more .. most kriyas contain benefits for the entire body and energy field (chakras), however there are some kriyas that are with a specific focus, for example for detoxing!!!
Get read for an awesome spring to be as energetic and vibrant as you can be! Imagine all that radiance, feeling great in the body, enjoying your vibrance and energetic creativity to life itself .. to new beginnings, to doing what you love and loving what you do in every way! We will have visualisations and gong sound baths to shed the old and bring in the best!!!
Here are a few yogic inspirations for your September classes:
Our liver affects our life profoundly, it affects our emotions, our relationships, our health and even the way we think.
It has over 100 known functions from creating hormones to digestive juices & disease fighting compounds. Almost all problems we have – from low energy & sex drive to ageing skin, sleeping problems, digestive problems and all disease can be linked with a clogged liver.
10 ways you can keep your liver happy every day:
1. Start your morning off with warm water and the juice of half a fresh lemon– this contributes to the alkalinity of your body system.
2. Before you get into the shower, do two minutes of dry skin brushing from toe up to neck to stimulate the lymphatic system.
3. Practice Breath of Fire or Agni. This not only expands the capacity of the lungs to breathe but quickly oxygenates your blood, thus helping the body detoxify itself and remove waste more effectively.
4. Incorporate the cruciferous veggies into at least one meal daily. Enjoy green veggie juices during the day.
5. Eat fermented foods such as raw kraut with meals. They are a rich source of probiotics and enzymes to support digestion.
6. Have some curry! The turmeric in curry powder is anti-inflammatory and contributes to the production of glutathione, a potent liver-protective antioxidant. Avocados are also a rich source of glutathione.
7. Get enough fibre-rich foods to bind up toxins in the gut and help promote regularity.
8. Get out there and sweat! Exercise or sit in a sauna. Sweating liberates toxins.
9. Take an Epsom salt bath before bed. Not only will magnesium-rich epsom salts help you sleep, they also help draw toxins out of the body.
10. An awesome kriya: Kunalini Yoga for the Liver, Colon and Stomach ! We will do it in class!!!
The liver is a giant factory that processes all the food nutrients absorbed by the small intestine into useful forms of sugar, fat, and protein.
The liver and kidneys both eliminate toxins ingested or produced by the body. If the liver is overworked due to stress or poor food, it becomes sluggish, which can result in fogginess of the brain, depression and pain in various areas of the body as the body’s cells react to the toxicity of unprocessed chemicals.
Foods for the liver:
beets, carrots, green foods, and daikon radishes.
How yoga helps:
Yogis have long known the importance of the navel area, which is the autonomic mesenteric nervous system. It has as many neurons as the spinal cord does, but it distributes them diffusely over the abdominal area and intestines rather than consolidating them in a single tract. It is critical to many components of physical and mental health!
Kundalini yoga increases the fire energy at the navel point, which also aids complete digestion.
It increases the ability of the body to eliminate toxins.
It massages the internal organs, this stimulating them to function more effectively.
Upper arm exercises stimulate meridian points corresponding to the stomach and colon.
Kundalini Yoga kriyas are there specifically to balance and support the liver!