Warm greetings to you!!!
It is ALWAYS utter joy to share and write these newsletters! And my heart always smiles even more when you reply to me and share how much they uplift and educate and inspire and support you … thank you for offering me that knowledge and for the feedback also!! Feel free to share on a Google review or a fb review also .. so we can share the incredible gifts of kundalini yoga with the world.
There are a few things I wish to share about in particular this week:
1. How to support yourself with nature’s Medicine: plants and their incredible oils. I have been using aromatherapy since I am 20 years old, and have not looked back! It is joy and total support to embrace the gifts these incredible plans give us, and more so from a company that is totally ethical in every way. I am totally passionate about the way in which these oils can truly support you in so many ways, physically, emotionally and spiritually!
They affect and balance your hormones, they allow you to reconnect with yourself, they can calm you, energise you, help you release viruses and bacteria/infections, help you to feel incredible energetically through baths, internal absorption or mere scenting the space you are in from your office, to the car to the bathroom or bedroom … no chemicals or side effects that are unpredictable or damaging … they can help you set an atmosphere for peaceful communication. They can help you be in touch with your inner child, healing, and connect you with your still& meditative self!!
They can help you release anxiety, headaches, and even hayfever/mucous congestion … they can help release muscle tension.. and last but not least, oils can balance your chakras! There is much science behind this and of course direct experience. And everything is vibration!
If you know about this and want to find an ethical way to enjoy utter purity of the oils, join us this coming Saturday! Details below. Only $5 ! If you want to ask questions and learn how they work, again, this is a wonderful, loving, joyous way to do so.
We shall have an educational workshop with direct experience this Saturday morning and midday. And from then onwards I am planning incredible workshops where you make your own personal oils and aura sprays … totally to support your unique journey!
2. This week and next week, we are focussing on ADRENAL Support, not just in our classes, but NEXT Saturday in our workshop we go deeper into kriya, meditation, the causes and how to support your adrenals and whole system! Also how to recognise how/why you may have adrenals that need supporting. Basically if you are tired a lot, while actually looking after yourself, eating well and exercising, and nothing seems to give you energy, it is usually the adrenals. If you are emotional, weepy and find life tough and demanding, more than usual; often that is adrenal weakness. Hormonal balance is involved here, and we all know how profoundly hormonal imbalance affects our mindset and physical capacity.
We all have overtaxed adrenals to a certain degree (from stress, unhealthy lifestyles, overwork, looking after others and not ourselves as well as we could), which leads to tiredness, inability to fully function optimally in an energy and mentally balanced way, creating irritability/reactivity, guilt, struggle and not living fully with our families and our passions/projects and just not feeling like we can cope with much ..
You want to feel zest and passion and energy .. it is your birthright!! You can balance this with awareness, lifestyle changes and kundalini yoga.
For details see below under workshops! Bookings are all essential, as I like to keep it personal so you can ask lots of questions.
3. Our India retreat in the Himalayas in December! Finally I have figured it all out all details and finances!!!
Everyone who has expressed interest will receive an email with a PDF, documenting every detail. If you are interested, simply reply to this email and let me know, and I will send you the information. I am deeply excited by all this!!!
My intent for you for all classes and your life:
Feel in your heart what really makes you feel alive, and full of self care! Allow time and space to reconnect!! To enjoy being you. To align with your inner joy, creativity, intelligence and divine self … open up, soften and feel… there is endless potential dwelling within you ..
So here we are!!! I’m here to support you, hold space, share the ancient, incredible sacred knowledge of white Tantra – Kundalini Yoga … so you remember and embody the fact that you are what you are looking for. Everything is within you!!! You experience the divinity finding itself … we all help each other in the group consciousness of our classes, and all the self love we find for ourselves, truly creates the shift in the world. Your inner work is the gift to the world.
So I am teaching 1:1 yoga classes, couple’s yoga classes (union with your divine other and yourself, very sublime!), offering healings for chakras (sound bath, crystal lyre, sounding chakras, chakra meditation, aromatherapy, polarity treatment), workshops, and advanced kundalini yoga.
This Saturday is our first AROMATHERAPY workshop! It will be so great!!! 8 am -9am & 12-1pm!
Our India retreat is from December 1-10, 2017 in the Himalayas, more info below also! You can secure your spot with a $500 deposit now. Details below! Email me with your questions anytime! To book the flights, and arrange visas, I am working with my travel agent, Jutta. She will assist you to join us on the same flight and prices will fluctuate from week to week.
Currently ~ 1200 AUD return ADL- Delhi India!Singapore air, departure November 30th, returning Dec 11th. You can arrange to get there earlier, or stay longer.
The earlier you book the better the prices! To book the flight I will be on, you can contact her directly, and those details are in the PDF, which I will send you upon your enquiry. You need a current passport to book and secure current flights!
Oceans of love and see you in class, I’m ready full of joy, in service full of love and truly feeling incredible gratitude to be sharing this journey with you all!!!
P.S. Please reply to this newsletter for a very easy way to communicate with me instantly with any sharing, requests or questions you have!
The Everything Kriya: Sat Kriya
By Dan Charnas
If I could teach only one yoga exercise—one that had to last you for the rest of your life—it would have to be Sat Kriya. Why? Because this one exercise contains just about all the benefits of Kundalini Yoga within itself. Sat Kriya is designed to do the one thing from which all well-being springs: raise the kundalini energy.
Here is simple and effective Sat Kriya. It is by no means the last word on Sat Kriya; but beyond words, it works.
1) Sit on your heels in Rock Pose (Vajrasana).
(Alternate: Rock Pose is the preferred posture but if you are unable to sit in Rock Pose, you may sit in Easy Pose.)
2) Stretch your arms above your head so that they are perfectly straight, no bend in the elbows, upper arms hugging your ears.
3) Interlace your fingers and extend your index fingers, pointing upward.
(Advanced students: If you’re not a drinker or smoker and have never taken drugs, you may try extending all the fingers and placing the palms flat against each other.)
4) Close the eyes and roll them up to the Brow Point.
5) Inhale slightly to begin.
1) Powerfully chant Sat, squeezing the navel back towards the spine.
2) Chant Nam as you relax and release the belly (breath will come naturally).
3) Repeat: Squeezing the navel in on Sat; releasing on Nam. Squeeze, release. Squeeze, release. Keep going at a moderate pace.
A Note about the Breath:
One perennial question I get from frustrated students is, “When do I inhale?” The answer is, let it come naturally for you within the rhythm of “squeeze-release.” Don’t get too hung up on this. This is not a deep breathing exercise. Let the breath come naturally. You’re creating a powerful experience that’s natural for you.
1) Inhale deeply and, with the breath held in, squeeze the Root Lock. Draw the energy up your spine to the top of your head and even to the tips of your fingers. Hold about 8 to 10 seconds. Exhale.
2) Repeat: Inhale deeply, hold, squeeze, then exhale.
3) Inhale deeply and then exhale completely out, apply the Root Lock and also the Neck Lock. Hold a few seconds and then release everything.
4) Lie down on your back in Corpse Pose (arms at sides, palms facing up). Deeply relax for the same amount of time that you did the exercise.
One minute is good for beginners to get the hang of things. Three minutes is a good starting point for regular practice. Gradually work up to 7, 11, 22, or 31 minutes in one sitting. By the time you reach 31 minutes, you’re in self-mastery territory! And some lucky folks do Sat Kriya for 62 minutes!
- Don’t let the arms fall or the elbows bend. Keep stretching up and if you feel yourself fading, keep recommitting to the exercise. Stretch up from your armpits.
- Don’t let your chest, shoulders, and arms move up-and-down as you chant. This isn’t aerobics. The motion is simply the squeezing of the organs “below the belt.” Keep the upper body nice and stable.
How it Works and What it Does:
The continuous “squeeze-release” motion creates a powerful pump for your kundalini energy. On the physical level, when Sat Kriya is properly done, this release gives your body the energy it needs to heal and regenerate every organ and cell. The energetic level, though, is where Sat Kriya really performs.
Sat Kriya works primarily on the lower triangle—the first, second, and third chakras. The lower triangle corresponds to the earliest stages of our human development, with the first chakra especially relating to birth, infancy, and the issues of fundamental security, being-ness, and belonging. Sat Kriya, in working on the lower triangle, has the power to excavate deeply entrenched wounds from our early life. That’s why it’s often recommended for healing mental and psychological imbalances. I like to think that Sat Kriya is probably the best way to heal the psychic residue of inadequate parenting and severe childhood wounds. That’s how deep it goes!
Sat Kriya doesn’t have to be the only Kundalini Yoga exercise you’ll ever do, but if you make it a part of your daily practice, you’re well on your way to being healthy, happy, and whole.
Dan Charnas is a journalist, screenwriter, record producer, and teacher. He writes about culture, race, and politics for a number of publications including the Washington Post and the New York Press. His new book, “The Big Payback: The History of the Business of Hip-Hop,” is a 40-year narrative of the executives, entrepreneurs, hustlers and handlers who turned rap music into the world’s predominant pop culture. Dan has been a teacher of Kundalini Yoga for nearly a decade, certified by the Kundalini Research Institute. He teaches regular classes in New York, and contributes regularly to YogaJournal.com.
* © The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan